Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sugar coated dreams of homelessness dancing in my head.

     I should elaborate somewhat. Living in my bus is seriously high class for homelessness. I have bed, bath, and a kitchen. I don't really have a way to bathe, but I have the comforts I need. I have not lived in the bus since last fall. I feel like I still remember the negative sides. People who do not like or understanding your existence, cop that want to ticket you into oblivion, because,.. well they don't like or understand your existence. And the loneliness.
     I have not lived alone much in my life. It never seemed like a financially viable option. I am an artist.  what I do with much of my time has never been profitable to my pocketbook. So I have lived cheaply and in houses with often a large number of roommates. So going home to a quiet dark bus, parked on a forgotten street that does not garner much attention was often difficult for me. One of the few times I have gone to a bar just to be around people. But those are some of the challenges of my previous life.
     There were a number of benefits. Wonderful things I got aquatinted to, like freedom. I painted and drew nearly everyday, simply because I wanted to. I want that again. I want to drive to the painted hills just in search of a landscape to soak in.
      Of course if I left my job and did such a thing the gas money alone would render me broke in a matter of months. I wonder how many years it will take to be financially stable. To live from my art sales. Ha, A silly question that not only is a pipe dream, it leads us the wrong direction. Away from creativity. All the most successful artists these days seem to be excellent business people. But being good at business may have little or nothing to do with their art. Art always has to be inspiring to the artist. That is why it matters. Why we work so hard to bring it in to this world.
     Strangely, I really do believe in a paradigm shift in our world. And in my lifetime. 'Cause it has to happen. Our lifestyle has to cease. That is the only reason, we will avoid it as long as possible, but our bubble is breaking. So what does that have to do with living in a bus. Life. That's what it is. When things stop, when the car crashes we get out and start living , right then. And that is the nice thing about living in a bus. Sure I am still pumping gas into an outdated engine, but I don't feel like an engine, out dated, maybe, but myself. How I maybe feel if the world banks collapsed and everything went wildly normal.
      That's one thing, collapse of our system is both incredibly difficult to imagine, and very simple. There maybe mayhem and looting in the streets, and there will also be cooperation as well. People will surely be wandering around talking to eachother. There won't be much else to to. Not until they decided where to start farming. Collapse of our society just seems like our probable future to me. And it doesn't sounds too abnormal to me.
      The question is, once it becomes apparent that it is happening, will we let the present day wealthy try to turn the world into a feudal system again. They're probably working on it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment